Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Reminiscing Isn't Always Bad...You Just Have To Be Careful In What You Are Thinking About

The latest feeling I have had to experience today was hope. I felt hope and it made me feel happy. The job I have now... sometimes, it's hard not to ask "are you okay" because most of the people I talk to on a daily basis live with a disease that there is no cure for, and no, I'm not talking about the "c" word. 

It's called MS or multiple sclerosis. There's different types (I bet you didn't know that!) ... there's relapsing, remitting, remitting persistent, etc ... and the drugs that are out there to help people cope with their disease can sometimes make it harder for day-to-day living. 

But it is amazing how one individual or a group of individuals in an organization can make such a difference. Most people think that pharmaceutical companies are just out there for the money; and yes, I can see how that argument would go, but I can also see how it is from the other side... some people actually do want to help. It's not all about the money, but in the grand scheme of things, it is all about the lives that are helped. 

Imagine one person being able to help; now imagine an entire organization who not only makes the products but also provide the assistance to the public. 

As for why I've titled this post the above sentence (err... fragment, whatevs) ... I just feel as if I'm only moving for the sake of moving. I had motivation once upon a time. I really did. Nowadays, it's the same ole thing. And I do love my job. I love where I am. I love what I'm doing. It's just that olde feeling again.... the feeling that I should be doing more. And I know I deserve more, but should I also be doing more? I don't know. 

I have a new group of friends I hang out with and see, and it's great and all. Learning new things are always a plus, but that annoying feeling - that I should be doing more in my life ... it has stuck its head out and really, I wish it hadn't. 

/shrugs 

Never in my wildest dreams would I have seen myself where I am now. And to be quite honest, I don't know how to feel about that. Hmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment