Saturday, November 23, 2013

Being Thankful

I've learned to roll with the punches, but lately, I think I have taken more hits and I really need to learn how to drop and duck. It's been a myriad of emotions ... I go from sad to miserable to anger and I'm not sure what to do.

But I am thankful for my life and the fact that I've almost live thirty years on this land.

Thankful for the lessons I've learned. Mostly I have made mistakes and for the most part I have learned, but not really. I feel empty inside and I don't know if I should be worried about my health any more because it is crap.

Thankful for the people I've met. I have learned to not be open but have also learned that I can trust again. Sure, it may have been foolish for my part but you know what? I now have learned that, too.

It's been an exciting life thus far.

I'm thankful for the friends I have remaining. Most of them are lingering thoughts, but they are there for a reason regardless. I'm thankful for whiskey. And bread. And jasmine rice.

I'm thankful for being able to learn and re-learn some things and discovering that even when I'm down, that I'm not down for the count. I'm around still. For some odd reason, I keep getting back up.

I'm even thankful for headaches because if I didn't have them any more, I'm pretty sure I have become numb permanently.

I remember how I was about five years ago... that self is long gone and have been replaced with someone wiser and older about how life works. I have been hurt and hurt a few more times after that. But even with my battered heart, my dying body and my ever-lustful spirit ... for some odd reason, I'm still here.

And for that, I'm thankful. I'm thankful for still having whatever ounce of fighting spirit that courses through my veins.


No comments:

Post a Comment